|Want to finish your kitchen chopping work as early you can? Yes! Our Best kitchen knives collection will help you in that.
Below mention best kitchen knives are divided according to the categories and on the top, I have shown Top 10 Best Kitchen knives, so that you can easily find best knife without any hassle. You can also find your knife with the help of Index shown on the right side.You can also gift Kitchen knives set to your friends. These are best gifts for a chef.
Top 10 Best Kitchen Knives
Japanese Kitchen Knives
Don’t you love Japanese Best kitchen knives because they look so pretty? I do. Japanese kitchen knives are especially designed to make intricate cuts, because the Japanese are so fastidious about the appearance of their food. Exact slicing and filleting is important, so their knives hold an brilliant edge.
Besides the Japanese chef knives, the santoku knife is increasingly popular as a general purpose knife. The santoku is a distinctive product from Japan which makes use of a different cutting method from the western utility knife, and holds its edge for an extended time for this reason.
Here are a number of the Japanese best kitchen knives I would buy, over and over again.
Best Ceramic Kitchen Knives
Before some time, when i came to know about these Ceramic kitchen knives retain, I was curious that how a kitchen knife can be made of such a brittle and easily cracked material. But when I use this knife, i was impressed because of below mention benefits:
- Retain sharpness for a very long time.
- Do not rust.
- Do not react to acidic material.
- Maintenance-free kind of knives as long as you use and handle them right.
- No need to sharpen them, even after years of use, and they stay as sharp as they ever were.
- Best for soft foods like tomatoes, boneless chicken fillets and fruit even bread slice, it is best.
I feel that I am using new knife every single time I use it.
- Easily break at the slightest knock or fall.
- Not suitable for dishwasher.
- Never use for chopping bones, prying cans or cutting frozen stuff.
Below are some of the best listed Ceramic Kitchen Knives:
Best Santoku Knives
Santoku Knives are also Japanese knives. These knives found its way into the international market because of its multi functions.
- Best For cutting, slicing, dicing, mince and choping vegetables
- It is very useful for your cooking preparation work if a lot of vegetables are involved.
- The straight edge and curved top helps in chopping
- “lift and drop” technique helps in completing chopping work very fast.
For the best santoku knife, we must certainly look at the Japanese brand first, considering its origins.
Best Carving Knives
A Carving Knife is exactly what its title is. It is for carving a roast, a turkey something where you are maneuvering and having to cut specific areas. A lot of people will use a carving knife just as their general everyday knife, but it does have a specific purpose. It is meant for chopping and bigger quantities. As these are best to cut a specific area, so we can say Carving Knives are best for carving meat and poultry much easier. Its edge is designed especially for carving chicken, turkeys, poultry easily. Below are the best carving knives:
Best Boning Knives
The boning knife is a great kitchen tool in food preparation because of which many people use it as a common kitchen knife. It’s blade is especially designed narrow and ends at a sharp point because boning requires precision and therefore the narrow blade will make the task much less difficult.
- Remove the bone of meat, poultry and fish
- A stiff boning knife helps to debone beef and pork
- Easily slice through silver skin on the surface of a piece of pork chops or lamb loins.
- Eliminate any toughness from the cooked meat
- Easily remove the skin from fillets of fish like salmon or trout with a boning knife.
- A boning knife with an arched blade will also make removing flesh from the fish a piece of cake.
Length of boning knife varies from 12 cm to 17 cm, so it is important to choose a boning knife according to your requirement. Like if you usually cook big piece of meat for your family then you should buy big boning knife.
Note: Boning knives are extremely sharp so always take caution before using these and use these away from your body.
Best Cheese Knives
Cheese knives are especially designed for cutting cheese. Type of cheese knife depends on the type of cheese depending on the hardness of cheese. Soft cheese requires sharp knife while hard cheese requires a tough blade. Other then these. These cheese knives add style to your cheese platter. Below are some of the best cheese knives available that adds style and character to your food.
Best Sushi Knives
Recently, I’ve found that I usually end up at a Japanese restaurant at least once a week to satiate my sushi cravings. After looking back at my purchases, I figured I should just invest in a really good sushi knife and learn how to make these addictive rolls myself.
A traditional sushi knife is made of high-quality carbon steel, the same type of steel to forge a katana (traditional Japanese sword). Unlike most Western knives, sushi knives are only sharpened on one edge which allows cleaner, more precise cuts. If you have little practice with a beveled knife, you will need some time to master the sushi knife.
Best Steak Knife Sets
Whether you are looking for a set of steak knives matching to your existing kitchen knife set, or simply an affordable steak knives set as a gift, there are many brands and qualities of steak knives to choose from. How do you choose the best steak knife then?
The usual steak knives you find in steak houses are serrated steak knives, but a serrated edge is not necessary for a steak knife if it is made of high quality steel hand honed to perfect edge. Serrated edges meant that you won’t have to sharpen the knives, but it also meant that you CAN’T sharpen the knives when they lose their edge. For good durability, get a set of non-serrated steak knives made of high carbon steel and sharpen them when they eventually grow dull.
Here are some of the best steak knife sets I recommend:
How to take care of your Expensive kitchen knife:
Knives are the most important part of a kitchen and proper care of the knives can keep them sharp for long time and provide your best cut all time you use.
Here are some best tips to follow to take care of your knife:
1. Keep your Knife at a proper place: Always keep kitchen knives at their proper place or drawer. Keep in mind blades of two knives do not collide to each other. If two sharp edges will collide, it may dull the blade.
2. Clean your knife after every use: Always hand wash your knife with soapy cloth. Gently scrub the knife and then wash it off and dry with a soft clean cloth.
3. Note: Never wash your knife in a dishwasher. It will crack the handles or separate the handle from the bolster.
4. Learn how to use a knife properly: Learning the usage of knife properly is safe for both yourself as well as knife. It saves your finger from cutting and keeps the sharpness of the knife. For best usage curl the fingers over the knife so that the side of the knife blade rests against your knuckles.
5. Use wooden cutting board: Wooden boards are the best for sanitary and your kitchen knife. These keep your knife’s sharpness for long. On the other hand plastic boards dull your knife.
6. Don’t use sharp edge of the knife to scrape the vegetables. Always use opposite side of the knife.
7. Don’t use ceramic sharpeners to sharpen the knife. Ceramic sharpeners cut down the metal of the knife to sharpen it and dull the knife.
8. Never use electric knife grinder for your kitchen knife because these removes far more material then required.
9. Never use knife blade as screw driver. It will bend or break the blade or tip.
10. Never heat up the blade. It softens the metal and dulls the sharpness of blade.
11. Keep your knife dry to prevent it from rusting.
Always keep these important points in mind to keep yourself safe and retain the sharpness of the knife.